Thursday, April 1, 2010

Birthday Flowers

I created this birthday card for a lady I work with who loves having a vase of flowers on her desk. I've seen a couple of videos recently on making these paper flowers from scalloped circles and had to give it a try. I cut the vase from the Walk In My Garden Cricut cartridge and embossed it with the cuttlebug. I added some distress ink to bring out the swirls and also on the edges of the vase. I cut the stems with the same cartridge. I rounded the corners of the card and distressed and inked the edges. I made three of the paper flowers and added some Prima flowers with bling as well. Added the purple ribbon. I know it still needs something but my brain wasn't working at this point so I left it like this. She really liked the card and said she got lots of compliments on it during the day (she is the person everyone sees when they walk through the front door of our business).
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment